PDA

View Full Version : Sean Waltman Says That Rick Rude “Wasn’t The Spirit of DX”

Kemo
03-01-2019, 06:15 PM
Former WWE/WCW Sean ‘X-Pac’ Waltman recently appeared on the WrestlingInc podcast and discussed his upcoming induction into the WWE Hall of Fame. Waltman will be inducted as part of the D-Generation X stable alongside Chyna, Billy Gunn, “Road Dogg” BG James, Triple H and WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels.

When asked how being inducted feels Waltman replied “It’s an amazing feeling obviously…I didn’t know if I was ever gonna make it to see this day. With DX, NWO, singles – probably at some point it would be recognized. But man, I wasn’t doing too good at some point so you never know.”

X-Pac also made some interesting comments on former DX member Rick Rude. Waltman stated that “he walked out and left the company and it wasn’t on good terms.” Waltman elaborated further, saying “I don’t get anyone trying to make the connection there. No disrespect to Rick, but there was that segment on TV the following week when Shawn pushed the little guy over.” Waltman finished by saying “that was an easy role to replace. He was just there and wasn’t the spirit of DX.”

Waltman also commented on Hornswoggle and Tori who were seemingly part of the group for short periods. X-Pac diminished Hornswoggle’s contribution but was complimentary of Tori. “She was great.” Waltman stated. “She was always right where she was supposed to be and a total professional. There were so many great things about her. Definitely she’s gonna be thanked,” said Waltman.