PDA

View Full Version : Mark Henry Reveals He Will Donate His Brain To CTE Research

Kemo
03-08-2019, 04:31 AM
WWE Hall Of Famer Mark Henry spoke with former WWE star Chris Nowinski during today’s (Thurs. March 7, 2019) episode of Busted Open Radio on SiriusXM. Nowinski talked about his work with the Concussion Legacy Foundation, for whom he serves as CEO. During the interview, Henry announced that he would be donating his brain to CTE research.

Nowinski explained how the best way to study the brain is after the athlete has passed away:

“The best way to study the brain is after they pass away, so you can know on a cellular level what’s happening,” said Nowinski.

“We just got our 700th brain donation and we’re constantly getting athletes to pledge [their brains], so we can build awareness and do studies while they are still alive. We have 5,000 athletes that have pledged their name and it’s important to get famous athletes [to spotlight the issue].”

Henry then explained why he made the decision to donate his brain for research. “The World’s Strongest Man” hopes it will help benefit the generations to come:

“I definitely want to go on record that I’m donating my brain and I hope that something good can come out of y’all having my brain. Maybe it will help with how things work in the future that will benefit my kids and everyone else’s kids. We want the future to be better for our families and your families, speaking to the fans.”

Throughout over 20 years of professional wrestling, Henry has likely suffered his fair share of concussions. Henry is a former ECW, World Heavyweight, and European Champion. He was inducted into the WWE’s Hall Of Fame last year. He still contributes to the business in a backstage role, making sure locker room etiquette is on point during pay-per-view events.