PDA

View Full Version : Paige Reacts To Success of ‘Fighting With My Family’

Kemo
03-08-2019, 11:11 PM
The biopic on former WWE Divas Champion Paige, ‘Fighting With My Family, has done very well in recent weeks. The film takes a look at Paige’s journey through the world of professional wrestling. The young Englishwoman’s upbringing surrounded by wrestling eventually lands her a tryout with WWE.

She must then manage the struggles of being 19 years old, living in a completely different country, and attempting to rise up in the biggest professional wrestling company in the world. The film has done so well, in fact, that it became the U.K.’s number one film. Recently, Paige was interviewed on the Variety Playback podcast to talk about the film’s success.

Paige admitted she didn’t expect it to blow up the way it has:

“I never thought it would blow up the way it has. I like that it opens up doors for other people that aren’t wrestling fans and have no idea who me and my family are, they get to see this young girl and her struggle to get to her dreams.

“I think it resonates with a lot of people. Everyone in their life has felt like an underdog or felt insecure. Some people have come from humble beginnings and have just been chasing this dream.”