PDA

View Full Version : Dixie Carter Reacts To Randy Orton Name-Dropping Her During SmackDown Promo

Kemo
03-14-2019, 03:39 PM
What began as a small issue quickly escalated this Sunday at WWE’s Fastlane event. Now, AJ Styles and Randy Orton are seemingly WrestleMania bound. The two started a war of the words this past Tuesday on SmackDown Live.

In an effort to insult Styles, Randy Orton would compare their career paths. He stated that: “In 2005, AJ was down in Florida getting a tan with Dixie Carter while I was here, facing The Undertaker at WrestleMania.”

This was in reference to AJ’s time with Total Nonstop Action Wrestling, now Impact Wrestling, and its former majority owner, Dixie Carter.

Turns out that Dixie Carter heard her name dropped during this promo.

A fan on Twitter made her aware she was trending on Twitter after being mentioned. This prompted her to make a tongue-in-cheek response:

.@AJStylesOrg & I never had to tan as we were always golden. My historical recollection is different than yours @RandyOrton. #SDLive

— Dixie Carter (@TNADixie) March 14, 2019

AJ Styles is just one of many current WWE Superstars who honed their craft and made a name for themselves whilst at TNA. The current United States Champion, Samoa Joe, is another TNA alumni who has found a place within WWE, as are Bobby Roode and New Day member, Xavier Woods.