PDA

View Full Version : Deonna Purrazzo Fires Back At Fans Chanting Boyfriend’s Name During Her Matches

Kemo
03-18-2019, 08:38 PM
Deonna Purrazzo has a message for people who chant her boyfriend’s name during her matches. She posted her comments through her social media channels recently.

I wrestled 4 yrs before I met my boyfriend. Worked for ROH, Impact, WWE/NXT consistently for years, helped create a women’s division & wrestled across the globe before meeting my boyfriend.

If you chant for him while I’m wrestling, you don’t deserve to see me wrestle.

Period

— The Virtuosa (@DeonnaPurrazzo) March 17, 2019

Purrazzo is believed to be dating ROH’s Marty Scurll at the moment. She is not the first wrestler to voice concerns about fans focusing too much on who they are dating, however.

Similar concerns were raised by fans of AJ Lee and CM Punk when some fans began chanting CM Punk during AJ’s matches in 2014. Aaron Solow once raised concerns about a promotion’s commentators referring to him as “Mr. Bayley”.

Wrestled tonight and my notifications are flooded with no comments about the match I had, but that the commentary team referred to me as “Mr. Bayley”. Thank you for completely negating 9 years of my life and defining me by who I am engaged to.

— Aaron Solow (@aaronsolow) March 25, 2018

Purrazzo trained at the D2W Wrestling Academy in New Jersey. She wrestled just 4 matches for the academy’s promotion before competing on a TNA One Night Only Knockouts PPV. She lost to Brooke Tessmacher on the show.

After training with Rip Rogers, she debuted for Ohio Valley Wrestling in 2015 and also wrestled a couple of dark matches for ROH that year. In 2016, she started to get booked with ROH’s Women of Honor division as well. In 2017, the bookings seemed to really start coming for Purrazzo. She did tours with Stardom in Japan, wrestled matches for Impact and ROH as well. Bookings with promotions such as RISE and Shimmer started happening around then as well.

She was officially signed to NXT in the summer of 2018. Purrazzo made it to the quarter-finals of the 2018 Mae Young Classic before being eliminated by Io Shirai.