PDA

View Full Version : Henry Cejudo Threatens To Shut Frankie Edgar’s Lights Out

Kemo
03-26-2019, 09:07 PM
UFC flyweight champion Henry Cejudo is on the lookout for his next fight. After TJ Dillashaw failed a United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) drug test and relinquished the 135-pound title, “The Messenger” might remain at 125 pounds to defend his title.

Speaking on “The Ariel Helwani MMA Show” yesterday (Mon. March 25, 2019) however, Cejudo mentioned a very interesting match-up. It has been reported that the UFC is interested in pairing Cejudo and Marlon Moraes for the vacant bantamweight championship.

Cejudo issued out a message to Moraes ahead of the rumored fight (via Bloody Elbow):

“Marlon Moraes I got a message for you… If you think you’re going to be the second heart I break this year, man I hope you’re ready, brother,” Cejudo said. “I really do, man. I’m not afraid of you, I’m an Olympic champ, I defeated Demetrious Johnson, I defeated TJ Dillashaw, you think a World Series of Fighting former champ is gonna scare me?

“I’m gonna shut your lights out and I’m gonna tell you something now, I already have my next opponent in line.”

The flyweight king then called out former 155-pound champion Frankie Edgar, who he claims he’ll knock out if they ever shared the Octagon:

“Your boy, your coach, Frankie Edgar… I know he’s gonna be there, he can get some of Cejudo too ‘cause I will shut his lights out too,” Cejudo said. “’45 or ’35, they’ve always said Frankie Edgar can make 135-pounds, I welcome that. If the belt vacates at ’45, why not?”