PDA

View Full Version : Mick Foley Says Becky Lynch Is The Hottest Act In WWE Since Steve Austin

Kemo
03-27-2019, 10:41 PM
WWE Hall of Famer Mick Foley spoke with Sky News earlier this month heaped praise on WrestleMania main event competitor Becky Lynch.

The interview took place before WWE announced the Women’s triple threat match will be the official main event of WrestleMania 35. Foley predicted that WWE fans would be irate if any other match went on last at Mania.

Foley went as far as saying there would be a “mass exodus” of fans if the women did not go on last at WrestleMania, which is the last thing WWE needs when All Elite Wrestling is on the verge of launching in less than two months.

Mick Foley is no stranger to WrestleMania main events himself. Back in 2000, Foley was part of the 4-way main event that had a ‘McMahon in every corner.’ He expects an exciting match next Sunday and feels Ronda Rousey’s recent heel turn is working in a big way.

As for Becky Lynch, he considers her a close personal friend and called her the biggest name in pro wrestling today.

“I believe their time has come. Becky Lynch has succeeded in becoming the biggest name in our business and I think that’s great,” Foley said. “She’s a good friend, she’s a wonderful person and it couldn’t happen to a nicer lass.”

Foley also revealed that Becky Lynch came to him for advice last year. She took the advise and ran with it. The result has been a character so hot, it reminds him of “Stone Cold” Steve Austin.

“I go back to my messages about eight or nine months ago and when she came to me for some advice I told her to be patient and to be ready,” Foley revealed. “Then when she got the opportunity, she ran with it like nobody I’ve ever seen, like ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin.”

9L5TVX390RA