PDA

View Full Version : Becky Lynch Responds To Dusty Rhodes’ Final Tweet, Cody Approves

Kemo
04-01-2019, 03:20 PM
The last Tweet ever posted by Dusty Rhodes was a compliment of Becky Lynch. On June 7th, 2015, the American Dream Tweeted out the following:

Lynch , @NXT Star Time she be great , top 5 of last 5 years ! Max #1

— Dusty Rhodes (@WWEDustyRhodes) June 7, 2015

We lost Dusty just 4 days later. At the time, the 4 Horsewomen of NXT were starting to come into their own. Sasha Banks was NXT Women’s champion and had just defeated Lynch in a title match at Takeover: Unstoppable the month prior to Dusty’s passing.

Becky Lynch responded to the Tweet, noting that at WrestleMania she has the opportunity to prove just how right about her Dusty was.

In one week I’m going to prove The Dream was right. #WrestleMANia

— The Man (@BeckyLynchWWE) March 31, 2019

Cody Rhodes, son of the late Dusty Rhodes, gave Becky Lynch is stamp of approval.

Go get it

— Cody Rhodes (@CodyRhodes) March 31, 2019

While Lynch had Dusty Rhodes pulling for her while in WWE developmental, it appears she had her fair share of detractors as well. Not long after learning her match would headline WrestleMania this year, Lynch noted that some were pushing for her to be released when she was still in developmental.

“I got a couple of text messages this week from people here at work and NXT or worked in the office side of things. (They said) I don’t know if you knew this, but there are some people that wanted to fire you when you were in NXT. Congratulations on the main event.”