PDA

View Full Version : Tony Schiavone Says AEW Is Bringing In Another Big Name

Kemo
04-01-2019, 03:38 PM
Major League Wrestling (MLW) announcer Tony Schiavone was Jim Ross’ guest on the latest edition of The Jim Ross Report podcast.

During the discussion, JR asked Tony what he thinks about All Elite Wrestling (AEW). Tony mentioned how they’ve both known Cody since he was a young kid and said Cody has a great business sense. He talks to Cody a great deal and took a moment to address speculation that he will be involved in AEW.

Tony said, “I’m not going to AEW. I’ve got too much going on and I don’t want to. Cody and I were doing some work for Starrcast, because I’m doing some work behind the scenes with Conrad. That was a misnomer out there … I ain’t doing that. I’ve got too much going on in my life, I really do.”

He added that he is still under contract with MLW, although Jim Cornette has filled in for him during MLW’s recent TV tapings due to scheduling issues.

After setting the record straight that he has no current plans to work with AEW, Schiavone gave his thoughts on the upstart promotion. He also dropped an interesting piece of information about AEW bringing in a major name we have not yet heard about.

“I think Cody is a smart kid and the Bucks obviously have made quite a name for themselves,” Schiavone said. “Kenny Omega and Chris Jericho, I just think this is a great time for pro wrestling. They’re going to do some great things in wrestling, including bringing in somebody who has a great, great national name for himself, and I’ll just let it go with that. They’re doing things the right way and I’m pretty excited for them.”

JR and Tony both said they’re excited for any company that can provide more of their friends a payday.