PDA

View Full Version : WWE To Induct Brutus Beefcake Into Hall Of Fame

Kemo
04-02-2019, 01:02 AM
http://i66.tinypic.com/2gskeu1.jpg

WWE has officially announced that Brutus “the Barber” Beefcake will be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame this year. Beefcake performed for WWE from 1984 to 1994 and with WCW from 94 to 1999.

“This is the culmination of a lifetime’s worth of work,” said Beefcake to SI.com. “I’m grateful to the WWE, and I cannot wait for the tremendous honor.”

Beefcake is a former WWE tag team champion along with partner Greg “the Hammer” Valentine. The pair were known as the Dream Team.

“I never went to a wrestling school,” Beefcake continued. “So I learned the basics from the veterans, and that is how I learned my craft. It’s a tough way to learn, but there were people like Ivan Koloff and Mr. Wrestling who took a real interest in trying to help me.”

When Beefcake and Valentine split up at WrestleMania III, he adopted “the Barber” gimmick. He would often cut, style, or just shave an opponent’s hair after matches. As Brutus “the Barber” Beefcake, he became one of the most popular babyfaces in the company for a time.

Beefcake would follow his longtime friend Hulk Hogan to WCW in 1994. They also got their start in the wrestling business together.

“Terry and I were just a couple kids from Tampa living our dream,” said Beefcake. “We had sat on the beach for endless days talking about wrestling, and then there we were, living it, working territories in Florida and Alabama with guys like Ox Baker, Bob Armstrong, and Professor Toru Tanaka. They took us under their wing and helped make us into what we became.”

Hogan and Beefcake had a following out a few years back but were able to patch things up recently.

7SbLMtYhlv4