PDA

View Full Version : Charlotte Flair Discusses Asuka Not Being Featured In WrestleMania Headliner

Kemo
04-05-2019, 03:33 AM
WWE SmackDown Women’s Champion Charlotte Flair recently did an interview with Sporting News to promote WrestleMania 35 where she spoke about a wide range of topics including the way that her father, WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair, reacted to her next match under the WWE banner.

During the interview, she was asked about Asuka not being featured in the WrestleMania 35 main event, which will see Flair take on Becky Lynch and WWE RAW Women’s Champion Ronda Rousey in a Winner Takes All match.

The reason for some people thinking that Asuka should’ve been added to the contest is due to her recently losing the SmackDown Women’s Title to Flair. Thus, she is owed a rematch for the title that she once held. Also, there is a history between Flair and Asuka as they competed against each other at WrestleMania 34 last year.

“Here’s the thing — last year, when I wrestled Asuka to break her streak at WrestleMania 34, all I could think about is making her proud.” She would praise Asuka for being a great wrestler and wrestling all around the world before later adding that it was really living up to the expectations and cementing her legacy.

“And then, obviously, having the title match out of nowhere with her [on SmackDown last month], in my opinion, will only open up more doors for people to see the magic that Asuka and I could make and that’s the bigger picture. People will regard [Asuka’s omission from the main event] as a negative, but no. This is a story. People want better. This just has the opportunity just to get better for people to see just how much further Asuka and I could take each other in the ring and entertainment-wise.”

Flair would add that there is no other woman that she would rather do that with than Asuka because people have already seen them have a few matches and know what they could do.