PDA

View Full Version : Dave Bautista ‘Officially Retired’ Following Match at WrestleMania 35

Kemo
04-08-2019, 01:37 PM
Former WWE champion Dave Bautista has wrestled his last match after a ‘no holds barred’ showdown against Triple H at WrestleMania 35.

The ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ and ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ star made a return to the ring on Sunday night after building up a match against his former teammate in ‘Evolution’.

The back and forth battle ended after Ric Flair interfered to help Triple H secure the victory as he planted Bautista with a Pedigree before earning the three-count.

While the match was billed around Triple H potentially wrestling for the last time ever if he was defeated, Bautista was ultimately the one who called it a career following WrestleMania.

“Thank you for letting me entertain you,” Bautista wrote on Twitter. “I love this business and whether you cheered me or jeered me, I’m grateful for being a small part of your life.

“I am officially retired from sports entertainment and I am grateful for every second of my amazing journey.”

Ever since he stopped working a full time schedule several years ago, Bautista has made a new career for himself in Hollywood where he’s landed several marquee roles including his iconic turn as Drax the Destroyer in two ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ movies as well as last year’s ‘Avengers: Infinity War’.

This year, Bautista will return to the Marvel Cinematic Universe for ‘Avengers: Endgame’ due out on April 26 and then he’ll take a comedic turn in the buddy comedy ‘Stuber’ where he stars alongside ‘Silicon Valley’ actor Kumail Nanjiani.

Bautista also has a featured role in the highly anticipated new adaptation of ‘Dune’ from director Denis Villenueve.

It’s safe to say Bautista will be plenty busy in his acting career now that he has closed the door on the WWE following one final match on Sunday night.