PDA

View Full Version : Conor McGregor Congratulates Becky Lynch, Teases Move To WWE

Kemo
04-08-2019, 02:09 PM
Conor McGregor enjoyed WrestleMania 35 last night. The former 2-division UFC champion complimented not only Becky Lynch’s performance but also that of Charlotte Flair’s and Ronda Rousey’s.

Conor posted the following to social media early this morning:

Congrats to Irelands Becky Lynch, the WWE’s first Champ Champ.
Wow!
What a match these ladies put on! Ronda Rousey is something special in that ring, as is Charlotte Flair of the Flair dynasty!
Stephanie McMahon you are right, I could not do what these athletes do.
Or could I…

— Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) April 8, 2019

A follower of Conor’s then posted a photo of Chris Jericho with the Undisputed Championship titles from 2001 in response to Conor saying Becky is the first “champ champ”. Conor issued the following response, noting his rules for official “Champ Champ” status:

One of these is a WCW belt.
Both belts must be won under the same organization and both titles must be fully unified also.
Interim titles do not make the cut.
The belts must also be held consecutively.
This is for true “Champ Champ” status.
Yours sincerely,
The Champ Champ™

— Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) April 8, 2019

Stephanie McMahon said yesterday that Conor McGregor is a huge personality when asked about possibly signing the MMA fighter someday. McMahon said the company is always looking for big personalities who can connect with their audience.

“I’d love to have Gronk in the ring,” Stephanie said to TMZ Sports. “Conor McGregor – huge personality. There’s a number of different women that I’ve had my eye on as well. It’s really about bringing in the biggest personalities with the best athletic ability. Whoever can entertain and connect to our audience.”

Becky Lynch issued the following statement in regards to her title victory last night:

Unthinkable to think what was once unthinkable. Those 3 seconds last night were a lifetime in the making. Thank you to all of you who have been on this crazy whirlwind journey with me. We’re only getting started. #becky2belts

— The Man (@BeckyLynchWWE) April 8, 2019