PDA

View Full Version : Becky Lynch Believes Ronda Rousey Couldn’t Handle WWE Schedule

Kemo
04-11-2019, 02:05 PM
WWE’s current champ-champ, Becky Lynch, recently spoke with Sports Illustrated. She discussed her ambitions going forward now that she is both the RAW and SmackDown Women’s Champion and what her thoughts are regarding her rival, Ronda Rousey.

Her momentous victory on Sunday wasn’t without some controversy. Lynch managed to secure a pinfall onto Rousey for the win. The only problem? Ronda’s shoulders were not securely against the mat for the entire three count. Regardless, only one woman was standing tall at the end of the night with both championships in her possession.

It’s a position that Becky has been eager to attain. One she feels she was made for, unlike, in her mind, Ronda Rousey.

“Only four months after having a part-time schedule, after making her debut at WrestleMania [34]—having been on the cover of everything, just handed everything, she was crying in her kitchen about how she couldn’t make her husband breakfast,” said Lynch. “She couldn’t hack our schedule. Yet we do this every single night, 52 weeks a year, yet she couldn’t handle it for four months.”

Aware of her popularity amongst the WWE Universe, Lynch shares her approach towards her job—in particular, her promo opportunities.

“I approach this as a political campaign,” explained Lynch. “Any time I’ve the opportunity to get my voice out there, get myself heard and my message across, I use it. I want to make sure I do the people proud.”

With her next challenger appearing to be former NXT Superstar Lacey Evans, who has interrupted and attacked the champion multiple times since her win on Sunday, Becky admits that “This is when the hard work starts,” said Lynch. “I’ve got two championships to make.”