PDA

View Full Version : Joe Rogan Says T.J. Dillashaw’s Legacy Is Tainted Following EPO Findings

Kemo
04-11-2019, 09:34 PM
Joe Rogan weighs in on T.J. Dillashaw’s two-year suspension.

Dillashaw’s 2019 has already been a disaster. He was stopped by Henry Cejudo in 32 seconds back in January. Dillashaw then failed a drug test and was suspended by the New York State Athletic Commission (NYSAC) for one year. At that point, Dillashaw relinquished his UFC bantamweight title. The U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) laid down the hammer when they announced a two-year suspension for Dillashaw due to EPO use.

During the latest edition of his “JRE MMA Podcast,” Rogan talked about the negative impact that Dillashaw’s EPO findings have:

“To me, it’s a shame because I’m a T.J. fan. I think he’s a phenomenal fighter and I’m a big fan of watching him perform. But it just taints his legacy. It just does. There’s no way around it. When you get caught cheating – this stuff, there’s no way it’s not cheating. This is just cheating. This isn’t any accident. It taints your legacy, and the guy had an amazing legacy: two-time bantamweight champion, one of the best pound-for-pound fighters.”

Dillashaw will be eligible to return after Jan. 18, 2021. At that point, he’ll be just a few weeks shy of his 35th birthday. Time will tell if Dillashaw can return to an elite level.

3cMVBBulXfI