View Full Version : Batista Explains Why He Picked Triple H To Be His Final Opponent

Kemo
04-14-2019, 03:15 AM
Former WWE World Heavyweight Champion Batista opened up on his decision to have Triple H be his opponent in his final match after having a long and successful pro wrestling career.

He joined Lilian Garcia’s podcast where he talked about the call to face Triple H in a No Holds Barred Match at WrestleMania 35 in East Rutherford, NJ at MetLife Stadium.

Batista brought up how he felt that his career got started when he worked with Triple H and that he made him a star. Batista recalled Triple H putting a lot of stock and investment in him to the point that he himself on the line physically for him.

Batista knew that for his last WWE run and his last wrestling match, he wanted it to be with someone he was familiar with and had a backstory with. He also wanted to give back to the company, and he thought Triple H was the perfect person for that.

“Not only did he put me over three times clean in the ring to make me a star, but also took the time to have me ride with him and have me pick his brain. He just groomed me to be a star in that company, so I wanted to finish out my career for him by just saying thank you to go out laying on my back for the guy.”

Batista stated that he believes a star should go out on your back. “I wanted my last match to be with him on my back because that is literally the only way that I can thank him.”

r4GsnL6rj14