PDA

View Full Version : Sami Zayn Reveals When He Was Cleared For Return, WWE Contract Status

Kemo
04-15-2019, 09:27 PM
Sami Zayn recently spoke with TVA Sports in Canada where he talked about a wide range of topics.

Zayn just returned to in-ring action last week on RAW after being on the sidelines for several months. He underwent shoulder surgery twice to fix a torn rotator cuff and was out of action through the end of 2018.

Zayn noted in this interview that he has had a lot of inflammation in his shoulders as of late and he’s not quite 100% yet.

“I feel my shoulders and arms heavier than usual,” Zayn said. “Even after nine months, I’m not exactly where I would like to be. But just before these recent episodes of inflammation, I felt the best shape I had been in a long time.”

Zayn also revealed two other interesting things. First up is the fact that he wasn’t cleared to return until the week before. WWE officials told him about the return just two or three days before WrestleMania 35. Also, original plans called for him to do a promo, then a backstage segment, then finally the match with WWE Intercontinental Champion Finn Balor.

At one point, WWE considered having him return at the Royal Rumble pay-per-view in late January, but he wasn’t ready. The second interesting thing was that he signed a three-year contract with WWE shortly before leaving for surgery last year. As of this writing, he has around 2.5 years left on the contract as WWE froze his contract due to taking time off with injuries.