PDA

View Full Version : Braun Strowman Reflects On How He Came Up With His Ring Name

Kemo
04-24-2019, 12:45 AM
WWE star Braun Strowman did an interview with the Journal Sentinel in Milwaukee where he spoke about a wide range of pro wrestling related topics.

The reason that Strowman was in Milwaukee this past weekend was due to him throwing out the first pitch in the Brewers vs. Dodgers game. WWE also had a loop of live events around the area.

In the interview, Strowman revealed how he came up with his ring name in WWE.

It turns out that he was watching SportsCenter on ESPN and got inspiration for his first name from Ryan Braun. He originally pitched Stowman but WWE changed it to Strowman.

“We were coming down to a time crunch with my new character name, and everything that I had submitted either had legal issues or they didn’t like,” explained Strowman. “Randomly, SportsCenter was on at the WWE Performance Center, and they were talking about Ryan Braun and I was like, ‘Braun…brawn.

That’s got a pretty good ring to it, and it fits me my build and everything. So, I pitched Braun. Originally it was Stoman and then we changed it to Strowman, and here we are. The rest is history. Ryan Braun is a big contributing factor to The Monster Among Men becoming a real-life character.”