PDA

View Full Version : Jacare Souza Speaks On His UFC Fort Lauderdale Loss

Kemo
04-29-2019, 05:09 PM
Jacare Souza is disappointed with his UFC Fort Lauderdale performance.

This past Saturday night (April 27), Souza took on Jack Hermansson inside the BB&T Center in Sunrise, Florida. Souza was initially set to meet Yoel Romero in a rematch, but “The Soldier of God” pulled out due to an illness. Souza agreed to fight Hermansson as long as he was promised a title shot with a win. Souza ended up losing the bout via unanimous decision.

Speaking to reporters at the UFC Fort Lauderdale post-fight press conference, Souza admitted that he’s deflated following the defeat:

“I’m sad, because I did a great training camp for this fight. I don’t feel tired. But I can’t put my game on in the octagon. I’m bad right now. I don’t have plan right now. I come back to my home. Take a vacation with my family. Tomorrow, I’m going out with my kids. I don’t know. I need back with my family and that’s it.”

Souza is a former Strikeforce middleweight title holder, but he’s never had a crack at UFC gold. Every time Souza has been on the cusp of a title opportunity, he has fallen short. Now at the age of 39, many are wondering how much time Souza has left as a professional mixed martial artist.