PDA

View Full Version : Chris Jericho Discusses Incorporating MMA Training For His Match Against Kenny Omega

Kemo
04-29-2019, 05:37 PM
With All Elite Wrestling’s next event, Double Or Nothing, now under a month away, wrestlers are busy training for their scheduled bouts.

One AEW grappler, in particular, has undertaken a different training regimen than he might generally be used to.

In an interview with Cheddar, Chris Jericho discussed his reasons for signing with the upcoming promotion, as well as incorporating MMA training into his routine.

When asked about the crossover that exists between MMA and pro wrestling, Jericho revealed he has been “doing MMA training” to get ready for Double or Nothing.

“It’s so cool to do a different type of training, and when I’m in there, I’m like, ‘Oh, I’m gonna fight Conor McGregor. I can do this!’” he joked. “Obviously you can’t, but just to be in there doing something different, it’s a lot of fun.”

On the subject of signing with AEW, Jericho added that he believes the moment was right, claiming that the promotions formation, coupled with fans wanting a different product to WWE, is “something that I don’t think can ever happen again.”

He continued, “It’s a company starting from scratch that consists of a bunch of guys who have traveled around the world, who have become very good and popular, but not in mainstream America. Combine that with a family who has a lot of money and a lot of passion for wrestling, combined with a great TV deal. I think it was just the right move from me knowing that I would be doing something that I never did before.”

Double Or Nothing takes place on May 25th from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Paradise, Las Vegas, Nevada.