PDA

View Full Version : CM Punk Doing MMA Commentary The Same Night As AEW Double or Nothing

Kemo
05-01-2019, 07:02 PM
Fans hoping CM Punk would make a surprise appearance at AEW’s Double or Nothing later this month were dealt a blow recently. Punk is booked to work commentary for a UFC Fight Pass event held on the same evening, May 25th, 2019.

The 40-year-old former wrestler is a commentator for the Cage Fury Fighting Championships. The promotions cards air on UFC’s streaming service, Fight Pass. CFFC 75 will be held in Coachella, California.

The start time for AEW Double or Nothing pre-show is 4PM with CFFC’s event starting at 6PM. There are 181.71 miles between Las Vegas and Coachella. Unless the two events are staggered timing-wise, it would likely be impossible for Punk to appear at Double or Nothing as a result.
CM Punk On Working MMA Commentary

Punk was announced as the newest commentator for the Cage Fury Fighting Championships this November. He spoke to MMA Fighting about his approach to commentary.

“I think there’s a lot of MMA commentators or analysts who have gone to school — broadcasting school — and I think they’re great at what they do. And I think conversely, there’s a lot of guys who are just fight fans,” Punk said to MMA Fighting. “I think I’ll kind of be a happy medium in between the two. I’m not going to broadcasting school, so I’m not really broaching the subject in that respect. I’m working for [CFFC part owner and former UFC PR head] Dave [Sholler] and it’s an easy fit because I’m fortunate enough to kind of pick and choose what I do.”

Punk caused quite a stir recently when he made an unadvertised appearance at an independent wrestling event under a mask. He’s evidently done similar appearances at least a couple of times in the past as well.