PDA

View Full Version : Kofi Kingston Returning To Ghana For First Time In 26 Years

Kemo
05-10-2019, 09:33 PM
WWE Champion Kofi Kingston is going home. Kingston announced on social media recently that he will be returning to Ghana, the country he was born in, for the first time in 26 years.

Well it’s officially official. For the first time since 1993, I’m going back to my home country! Though it was 26 years ago, I still have so many vivid memories of my last visit to Ghana.…

— KOFI (@TrueKofi) May 10, 2019

Kingston will be visiting the country from May 30th to June 2nd. He will speak with the President, visit children’s hospitals, and be available to speak with local media.

WWE sent out a press release in regards to Kofi’s visit to Ghana.

“The four-day visit which starts from Thursday, 30th May, 2019 to Sunday, 2nd June, 2019, includes a courtesy call on the President of Ghana, H.E Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo at the Presidency. He will then be at the Manhyia Palace to pay homage to the Asante Monarch, Otumfuo Osei Tutu II,” the WWE press release reads.

WWE also noted in the press release that a film crew will be on-hand filming a documentary on Kingston.

“Other activities include a Children’s Rally, visits to Tourist Sites and places like the Lake Bosomtwe, the Christianborg (Osu) Castle, Bonwire and Ntonso, a visit to the Mother and Baby Unit at the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital, and visits to Ejisu and Atwima Techiman which are his paternal and maternal hometowns respectively. There will also be Media Engagements and In-Studio Interviews.”