PDA

View Full Version : Jack Swagger Isn’t Shocked By WWE Superstars Unhappiness

Kemo
05-12-2019, 03:14 AM
Former WWE Superstar, Jack Swagger, isn’t surprised by the discontent and unrest amongst current RAW and SmackDown Superstars.

Speaking with Pro Wrestling 24/7, Swagger shared his thoughts on WWE’s prevalent roster unhappiness.

When asked whether he was shocked by the stories coming out regarding talent asking for their releases, he responded that he isn’t.

“No, it’s not a shock. They know exactly how they treat their talent. They know the contracts that they have assigned and they know exactly why we’re unhappy with the way they treat us. So it’s not a shock to me,” he said. “I’m very thankful now looking back that I was able to leave when I did. I’m very thankful for my 12 years there because it allowed me to do so much. It allows me to do so much now because of my background, that notch on my resume, but at the same time there’s a lot of unhappy people there, and it’s not just because of the politics.”

He highlighted WWE’s busy schedule as being a contributing factor, saying that “You’re traveling 200 days a year, sometimes you’re only home 36 hours a week, away from your family and then you go out there and you have these storylines that are just bad, and you’re like, ‘I’m putting my body through this for THIS’? Like it would be a lot easier if the Superstars up there didn’t care and they just did what they were told, but unfortunately you can’t do a job like that,” he said.

“You have to care, you have to wear your heart on your sleeve in that ring, and you have to care about what you are doing, and so it doesn’t surprise me at all that people are leaving because it is a problem they need to address.”

Jack Swagger now competes as a competitor for Bellator MMA under his real name, Jack Hager. He had tried to trademark the name ‘Jack Swagger’ but was unsuccessful in his attempt.