PDA

View Full Version : UFC Veteran Ross Pearson Wins Boxing Debut In Australia

Kemo
05-16-2019, 01:07 AM
After Ross Pearson got knocked out to Desmond Green he announced his retirement from MMA. But, that didn’t mean he was done with combat sports as Pearson had his first professional boxing fight in Australia and won via second-round TKO over Salar King (5-11) in a middleweight bout.

In an interview with Sporting News, Pearson mentioned just how serious he is about boxing ahead of his debut.

“World level. I’m serious. World level,” he told Sporting News when asked about his boxing goals. "I can fight anyone. I’ve got all the punches and durability and now it’s about learning the sport – the combinations, patterns and timing of the fight.”

Although the Englishman had success in the UFC, he always wanted to be a professional boxer and he now has the chance to do it.

“Boxing has always been my go-to – I’ve always had a love and passion for the sport,” he said. "I started when I was 11 and boxed all through my teens. That’s all I wanted to do – become a pro boxer. But I got the opportunity to to train in mixed martial arts, and had a fight and went really well. I went through the amateur ranks, turned professional, was signed by the UFC after 11 fights and never looked back.”