PDA

View Full Version : Dustin Rhodes Talks Goldust Never Winning World Title, AEW & more…

Kemo
05-24-2019, 07:50 PM
Dustin Rhodes will wrestle his brother Cody tomorrow night at Double or Nothing. The 50-year-old spoke to the Sporting News ahead of Saturday’s big PPV. During the interview, Rhodes spoke about Goldust never winning a world title, what AEW needs to be successful and more.

“(Winning a world title) is a hard thing to accomplish in the business,” Dustin said. “Yes, it’s still a dream of mine. The dream has taken a back seat for now because what I’ve realized about the last 24 years of the Goldust character is that Goldust didn’t need a world title. Goldust went out and entertained, had a good time with the fans and left a lasting impression.”

He continued to say the Goldust character never needed to win a world title.

“Every once in a while, a character comes along like Goldust and you don’t need to put a world title around him. I’m OK with me not winning a world title. I get why people would say I’m underrated, but I disagree. Of course, I want to win a world title and put it on my top shelf. Anybody who wants to get into the business wants to do it. If you don’t want to be in the industry to become a world champion, then you shouldn’t be in the business. I’m a good worker. I’m a good storyteller. I’m a good salesman. And I love to entertain and perform for the fans.”

GjW1fABuuiA

Dustin also spoke about what he feels AEW needs to be.

“If I’m running a company, I want to see more wrestling, fewer commercials and less talking. The group of kids right now in AEW that have been out there working the independent scene and kicking some ass and taking some names are very creative. It’s not all about the older generation anymore. It is about the young kids, and we have to pass on our knowledge to them and let them rise and shine to the occasion.”

“This is going to be something special. You have Chris Jericho and Kenny Omega. You have top dogs.”