PDA

View Full Version : Cody Comments On AEW Diversity, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Responds

Kemo
05-27-2019, 05:30 PM
Following last night’s Double or Nothing PPV from Las Vegas, Cody made some comments about how his marriage has impacted his view of diversity. Today, a notable politician has responded to Cody’s comments.

“I’m in an interracial marriage, and I’ve learned a lot that I would have never known,” Cody said. “One time, I told Brandi, I told her that ‘I don’t see color.’ And she said, ‘Well, then you don’t see my experience.’ And I thought, ‘Oh, you’re right. I can’t just say that.’ You need to be able to see that experience and at least understand it.”

U.S. Representative for New York’s 14th congressional district, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez responded to Cody’s comments.

This exchange is a promising peek into what growth looks like in our national discourse on race.

Thanks for sharing your experience in this powerful moment, @CodyRhodes.

— Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@AOC) May 26, 2019

Cody offered further comment on diversity in AEW.

“The old territory system of just one, that’s out. The best wrestlers are going to field the game and that’s a very diverse profile. I’m really proud of it. We’re gonna promote them as wrestlers. We’re not gonna make it a PR element for us. And I’m really proud of that because it’s about the wrestling.”

“We’re going to promote them as wrestlers. That’s all the elements of diversity. We’re not going to make it a PR element for us, and that I’m really proud of. It’s just about the wrestlers.”