PDA

View Full Version : Mick Foley Says He Advised His Son Against Becoming A WWE Writer

Kemo
05-29-2019, 02:44 PM
WWE Hall of Famer Mick Foley recently made an appearance on the Busted Open Radio show where he spoke about introducing the WWE 24/7 Title and how he actually tried to talk his son, Dewey, out of joining WWE’s creative team.

Foley noted that he thinks the team will try to come up with imaginative ways of putting people in the mix to challenge for this title.

He looks back and said that he would have changed the attitude and the cadence a little bit when presenting the title.

“I still think it is going to be fun, I think that fun has been missing in WWE programming so I think this is going to be really helpful.”

Foley was asked if there are too many writers in WWE, which is when he brought up how his son didn’t start out as a writer but rather the personal assistant to the VP of Creative Writing, Ed Koskey. This is something that he tried to convince his son of not doing.

“Given that my son is on the team and I know how hard he works, I had tried to talk to him out of the job,” Foley stated. “I told him that you are not going to go in there and write the show, you are going to find out what kind of cream Ed Koskey likes in his coffee, and he did. He went through that process with the note taking. It is elaborate note-taking.”