PDA

View Full Version : Vince Russo Says WWE & AEW Are Working Together

Kemo
05-29-2019, 03:04 PM
Vince Russo is completely convinced WWE and All Elite Wrestling are working together.

The former writer for WWE, WCW and TNA says there’s “NO QUESTION” that WWE and upstart AEW are “in bed together” since several things “don’t add up” to him.

Russo plans to discuss this conspiracy theory on his podcast and warns fans, “YOU’RE BEING WORKED.”

http://i68.tinypic.com/35izzao.jpg

Russo clarified that WWE and AEW working together is a good thing for wrestling, but again urges fans not to get worked. He referenced WWE’s late 90’s secret partnership with Extreme Championship Wrestling (ECW) as an example of ‘rival’ promotions finding common ground.

Don't misunderstand me-if @WWE & @AEWrestling are working together-as I believe they are-it's a GOOD THING if it makes the wrestling product better for the casual fans. I'm just saying-don't be worked. This has happened once before with ECW/WWE. History tends to repeat itself.

— Vince Russo (@THEVinceRusso) May 28, 2019

Previously, Russo expressed the idea that WWE has nothing to worry about from AEW.

“As much as I would like to say yes, I don’t think so,” Russo said to 411Mania. “You know, the WWE has been the only game in town for so long. I mean when you look at the Saudi Arabia deal, when you look at the FOX deal, when you look at the money they’re bringing in, because quite frankly they’ve been the only game in town for such a long period of time, I think that’s silly to believe.”