PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Cormier On Brock Lesnar Choosing WWE Over UFC Return

Kemo
05-30-2019, 09:48 PM
UFC Heavyweight Champion Daniel Cormier sounded off on Brock Lesnar’s decision to return to WWE instead of making a return to UFC.

Earlier this month, UFC President Dana White went on record by stating that Lesnar had retired from MMA competition. This nixed plans as the UFC had been trying to get a fight done between Lesnar and Cormier for an event in August.

Cormier recently spoke with ESPN’s Marc Raimondi where he talked about the fight not being made. In the eyes of Cormier, he thinks Brock couldn’t get a deal done for the right amount of money with UFC as there is uncertainty in the world of mixed martial arts right now in terms of pay-per-view.

“I think when Brock looked at the landscape of the sport, what they were offering him, Brock said, ‘I can make guaranteed money [in WWE].’ Not work as hard. He’d have to work his ass off [to fight me] and it’s probably gonna go the bad way. Whereas with the WWE, it’s usually determined in his favor. So, as a businessman, I think Brock made the right decision.”

Shortly after White confirmed that Lesnar was retiring, Lesnar made his return to WWE by winning the Money in the Bank briefcase.

Cormier also commented on fans being upset about how Vince McMahon keeps putting Lesnar in the Universal Title picture. Cormier thinks that he does this because it increases ratings and exposure for the company.

“There’s a method to the old man’s madness. He just continues to kind of rely on Brock and Brock has shown to be a commodity that keeps working for him.”