PDA

View Full Version : Chris Jericho Reveals What Made Him Realise It Was Time To Leave WWE

Kemo
05-31-2019, 03:39 PM
Chris Jericho was considered to be a WWE guy for almost two decades but he left the company a couple of years ago and since then, Y2J has reinvented himself in the indie scene and now in AEW.

During his recent appearance on Busted Open Radio, Jericho talked about his departure from the company and revealed when he knew that it was the time to leave.

Chris talked about his 2017 storyline with Kevin Owens which led to a match at WrestleMania 33 and said that the whole saga was the best storyline leading into the show.

However, in retrospect, knowing that the bout wasn’t given much importance and it was positioned very poorly on the card was what made him realize that it was the time to split:

“We should have not been second match on the card, and when I saw that we were slotted as that, I didn’t realize it much at the time, but in retrospect, that’s when I knew it was time to split.”

Continuing on the topic, Chris explained that if you have the best story on the show which everyone is excited about and you still get placed as the second match, then there isn’t a lot you can do to get higher on that card:

EXCLUSIVE: "It can revitalize your career in one night…in one minute!"
On the heels of the bombshell @TalkIsJericho interview, @IAmJericho explains why alternatives in the wrestling business can transform guys like @JonMoxley & @dustinrhodes' careers overnight. pic.twitter.com/f1Tb2SfItD

— SiriusXM Busted Open (@BustedOpenRadio) May 30, 2019

Jericho didn’t stay with WWE for long after this match. He made his NJPW return on November and as we all know, Chris has since become one of the hottest commodities in the entire industry.