PDA

View Full Version : Kurt Angle Believes AEW Will Do Well But Isn’t The Monster WWE Is

Kemo
06-02-2019, 04:05 PM
WWE Hall of Famer did a Q&A on his Facebook page where he answered a lot of interesting questions submitted by fans, including All Elite Wrestling ones.

One submitter asked what Angle’s expectations are from AEW. Angle said that he thinks AEW will be successful but won’t reach WWE’s level:

“AEW will do very well. BUT, it’s not WWE. WWE is a monster. It will be fun to see how this pans out. I’ve seen companies in the past attempt to make a run against WWE. WCW was actually neck and neck. TNA was not able to compare, but they had a great run with amazing talent, and TNA was a solid #2. AEW has some amazing talent as well, but WWE is so global, I don’t think anyone will catch them. That’s my opinion and I could be wrong.”

Angle also talked about his favorite wrestling gimmick, the “Wrestling Machine”. Angle said that wrestling machine gimmick fit him better than any other heel gimmick. The gimmick came about during his run in the ECW brand in 2006, where he would wear a mouth guard and squash opponents.

“It was my favorite character. I played the cheating heel, the nerd heel, and the White Meat baby face, but the Wrestling Machine fit me better than any of them. I was the best wrestler in the world from 2002-6. I knew that. I was literally a “wrestling machine”. And it worked.”

Speaking on his drug abuse issues, Angle said that denial was no longer an option for him after his fourth DUI.

“When I got charged with my 4th DUI. That was it. Denial was no longer an option. I look back now and think, “what took me so long to get help?”. I’m ashamed of the many things I’ve done, but I can’t regret it, because I got clean and I’m staying clean. My past is now part of who I am. I’m a great husband, great father, and loyal Christian. I have many beautiful things in my life that are valuable to me, especially my kids. Clean is the only option.”

LionDen
06-02-2019, 10:26 PM
Yeah, I don't think AEW will ever get to WWE's level, they are just to large and global now but they could be that company that can get in WWE's face in the future which could only help both companies IMO.