PDA

View Full Version : Chris Jericho Discusses Possibility Of CM Punk Joining AEW

Kemo
06-02-2019, 04:07 PM
Chris Jericho is a big supporter of former WWE Champion CM Punk potentially joining AEW but thinks there are factors in getting a deal done.

The possibility of signing one of the biggest free agents in the pro wrestling business right now would be a great addition to the already loaded AEW roster.

Punk and Jericho have shared the ring on several different occasions in WWE. While doing a recent interview with ESPN, Jericho made it known that he thinks AEW would be the right for Punk.

“If he wants to come back to wrestling, it would have to be for the right reasons — both on his end and on AEW’s end,” Jericho said. “CM Punk is a unique individual.”

Jericho noted that AEW and WWE could use him but it all depends on what Punk wants to do and what his attitude is when and if he comes back. The AEW star added that it’s a new world, especially in AEW.

“Like I said, if he wants to come in, he’d probably be welcomed with open arms. But I think he would have to kind of prove himself, as he would want to. Because I know him. He’s a competitor. He’s not gonna come back just for a paycheck or just to be famous. If he comes back, it’s because he wants to be here, he wants to wrestle and he wants to prove something. And if he doesn’t feel that way, he won’t come back. The only person that can answer that question, I believe, is CM Punk himself.”