PDA

View Full Version : UFC Middleweight Jack Hermansson Says He’d Stop Kelvin Gastelum In First Round

Kemo
06-03-2019, 08:16 PM
Jack Hermansson believes he’d stop Kelvin Gastelum early if the two share the Octagon.

Hermansson is coming off an upset win over Jacare Souza. The victory extended Hermansson’s winning streak to four and boosted him up to the fifth spot on the official UFC middleweight rankings. He’s now focused on the man who is ranked just above him.

During a fan Q&A session, Hermansson called for a bout with Gatstelum at UFC Copenhagen in September:

“The only person ranked ahead of me that’s available is Kelvin Gastelum so that’s who I want to fight. Kelvin Gastelum, main event (in) Copenhagen in September. That would be something. Of course (I would win in) the first round. Ground-and-pound or the guillotine, for sure.”

Gastelum last competed back in April. He fell short in his bid to capture interim middleweight gold. Gastelum lost to Israel Adesanya via unanimous decision in a “Fight of the Year” contender.

In his current streak, Hermansson has beaten Thales Leites, Gerald Meerschaert, David Branch and Souza. Only Souza was able to take Hermansson the distance.