PDA

View Full Version : Ricochet Talks About Transitioning From The Indies To WWE

Kemo
06-03-2019, 09:07 PM
Prior to signing with WWE, Ricochet had been establishing himself worldwide on the independent circuit. During this time, he honed his craft and developed the style that would bring him to the attention of WWE and, later, the WWE Universe.

Speaking with the State of Combat podcast, Ricochet detailed the transition he experienced segueing from the indies to WWE.

“That was actually one of the things that I was looking forward to the most when I was getting signed was to come to the Performance Center to work on some of the parts that I wasn’t really the best at,” he said.

“I was learning from guys like Shawn Michaels, Triple H, Terry Taylor, Norman Smiley as far as character and promos, they would say things that are so obvious, but I just wouldn’t think about it. [….] I felt like it really helped me out. Not even with promos and characters, even in the ring stuff that I thought I had ironed out they would tell me things that would make it even better and I would think how they made my process so much better and how I wasn’t sure why I never thought about it. I have no complaints for my time at the Performance Center. It was great.”

He admits that even before signing with NXT, he felt it was the “place to be” and credits the fact that all the NXT talent pushed and supported one another. This allowed them to grow and develop in a positive environment.

“[…] it was good, a lot of friendly competition, a lot of love. We all knew each other a long time before we got here so it is a new company and would want to grow it as much as possible and try to give it everything we got and help it grow.”

Ricochet recently competed in the men’s Money In The Bank ladder match. He successfully won the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic on March 27th with his partner at the time, another NXT alumni, Aleister Black.