PDA

View Full Version : Montez Ford Reveals The Origins Of The Street Profits

Kemo
06-17-2019, 08:45 PM
The Street Profits are enjoying a run of success in WWE’s black-and-gold brand, NXT, with the two recently becoming NXT Tag Team Championships.

In an interview what the Not Sam Wrestling Podcast, one-half of the team, Montez Ford, reflected on how the team originally came together.

“The whole Street Profits act, it’s crazy how it started,” Ford said. “[…] At the time, a couple of people came to us with the idea of us being a tag team. We started tagging in the Florida shows and just trying to get a groove of: ‘What do we want to present to the world?’ We already know who we are, but it is just a process of putting me and Dawkins together and who we are as people and trying to translate it into professional wrestling.”

He continued, “I think the art of NXT is putting your personalities through what we do in the ring. Just putting the personalities on board and trying to understand what we are trying to bring into the world. Once we had the tapings, a couple of ideas of putting us together and we ended up meshing together.”

Ford admitted that “Everything that has been put together as far as Street Profits is Dawkins and I just bouncing ideas off of each other and doing things while we are out there.”

The Street Profits claimed the NXT Tag Team Championships during a Four-Way Ladder Match at NXT TakeOver XXV. They defeated Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch, The Undisputed Era’s Kyle O’Reilly and Bobby Fish, and Wesley Blake and Steve Cutler of The Forgotten Sons.