PDA

View Full Version : Edge Talks Positives And Negatives Of WWE Scripting Promos

Kemo
06-20-2019, 06:11 PM
WWE Hall of Famer Edge discussed the positives and negatives of WWE scripting every promo by all of their stars on television.

This topic has surfaced due to the competition brought upon to WWE as WWE scripts promos while AEW plans to give bullet points to their talent, which is something that has happened for decades in the pro wrestling business.

The former WWE World Heavyweight Champion recently spoke about it on E&C’s Pod Of Awesomeness. He started out with the positives, which is why WWE decided to do this.

He stated that after hearing both sides of the argument, he thinks both sides have valid reasons, ”because you’re a publicly traded company; it’s FOX; it’s USA[Network]; it’s all of these things, so I get that side of it.”

Edge also understands the aspect if things were so heavily scripted then you don’t get classic promos such as ”the Macho Man [Randy Savage] ‘cream of the crop’ promo, I don’t think. You wouldn’t get ‘Austin 3:16’, I don’t think.” Edge added, “I get both sides, I guess is what I’m saying.”