PDA

View Full Version : Seth Rollins “Doubles Down” On WWE Best Wrestling Claim, Will Ospreay & Others Respond

Kemo
06-24-2019, 08:42 PM
Leading up to WWE Stomping Grounds last night in Tacoma, Seth Rollins put out a Tweet stating that WWE has the best wrestling on the planet. As the PPV began yesterday, Rollins followed up on his comments and offered praise for the Cruiserweight title match which kicked off last night’s pre-show.

Best pro wrestling on the planet. Period.

— Seth Rollins (@WWERollins) June 23, 2019

Doubling down. Best pro wrestling on the planet. See that Cruiserweight Triple Threat? And that’s just one night, one match amongst the many. Find anyone else alive who does what I do as well as I do it as often as I do it. Ya can’t. #WWEStompingGrounds #UniversalChampion @WWE

— Seth Rollins (@WWERollins) June 23, 2019

This led NJPW’s Will Ospreay to note that he is a living wrestler as well.

I’m alive.

— (@WillOspreay) June 24, 2019

Rollins then offered up the following in response:

Ahhhh I’m sorry little guy. We already have a better version of you here and he just won his first US Title tonight (Congrats @KingRicochet). Keep working hard though buddy!

— Seth Rollins (@WWERollins) June 24, 2019

Sure do dorks. And after that PPV I stand by it even more. The crew brought it tonight. From top to bottom all out effort from every person in the ring and out. And you’re still talking/writing about it.

Tama Tonga, Chris Jericho and the Usos also chimed in on Rollins’ claims.

https://abs.twimg.com/emoji/v2/72x72/1f606.png

— Chris Jericho (@IAmJericho) June 23, 2019

Best Pro Wrestling in the guh damn Galaxy. Don’t @ me bih

— The 'Good Bad Guy' Tama Tonga (@Tama_Tonga) June 23, 2019

Double Dab on em uce.

— The Usos (@WWEUsos) June 23, 2019

Nah dawg, let me dial it up. I’ve sat back and watched idiots with no clue talk poorly about the place I dedicate my life to EVERY HOUR OF EVERY DAY. The level I perform at on constant is untouchable. Time to let em know.

Rollins won the WWE Universal Championship at WrestleMania 35 earlier this year. He defeated Brock Lesnar in a match which kicked off the main card of the show. Since winning the title, Rollins has defended it 4x on WWE programming.

Rollins’ first title defense came the night after WrestleMania when he faced WWE champion Kofi Kingston in a title vs title match which ended in a DQ. His next title defense came at the Money in the Bank PPV when he defeated AJ Styles. Following Money in the Bank, Rollins defeated Baron Corbin at Super ShowDown in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. His victory over Corbin last night was his 4th on WWE programming and he is now at 78+ days as champion.