PDA

View Full Version : Christopher Daniels On Working In & Out Of The Ring At AEW

Kemo
06-29-2019, 08:26 PM
Christopher Daniels, who is getting ready to face CIMA at All Elite Wrestling’s Fyter Fest event, recently talked about his backstage role as the Head of Talent Relations in AEW and how he managed to transition into a role of managerial capacity.

Speaking to CBS Miami, Daniels described his backstage role at the company. “It’s really just a matter of being a liaison between the talent and the office. Right now my job is a lot of emails, a lot of phone calls. We’re working on visas for international talents and all this stuff for all the regular talent. Trying to find referees, trying to find announcers. Just coordinating all of that stuff. It’s a lot of busy work. But, it’s fun and I’m glad that I was given an opportunity to sort of use my relationships with a lot of these wrestlers in a positive way, to help the company and build from the bottom a good locker room, and a positive feeling between the talent and the office.”

Daniels says that while he hoped he got to work backstage, he never envision it to happen so fast. If the AEW didn’t exist, Daniels would be working in Ring of Honor in a similar capacity.

“If you had asked me two years ago, I probably would have told you that I would be doing something similar to this in Ring of Honor. But you know, this opportunity came around, and when it did, I couldn’t really turn away. Yeah, it’s brand new territory that we’re sort of blazing a trail in, but it’s an opportunity that I couldn’t say no to. And I’m glad. So far the trip has been exciting and amazing and I can’t wait to see how the next couple years go for us.”

AEW will soon be getting its own live weekly TV show. Daniels was asked if he has thought about how he’s going to manage his in-ring and backstage role.

“No. It’s not going to be up to me whether I’m wrestling every week or not. If I’m wrestling every week, so be it. And we’ll see if I can hang or not. We’ll all find out together, but my plan is to wrestle as often as I can, and once the television goes on, it’s all hands on deck. I’m going to continue to go until I feel that I can’t go at a level that is respectable for me.”