PDA

View Full Version : AJ Styles Explains Turning Heel & Reforming The Club

Kemo
07-02-2019, 09:10 PM
Last night on WWE RAW, AJ Styles, Luke Gallows, and Karl Anderson triple-teamed Ricochet following the main event. The United States champion had just defeated Styles to retain his title but the Club would end the show standing tall.

It now appears after a few weeks of teasing it would happen, AJ Styles has turned heel and once again joined forces with Gallows and Anderson. Following RAW last night, Styles took to his Mixer Live account to explain why he did what he did.

“So, it is what it is,” Styles said. “Some of you may have not liked it. Some of you may have absolutely loved it. And here’s the one thing that I know. There’s not a lot of people in this world that you can trust. But I do trust my family.”

“And here’s why. I feel like AJ Styles was stuck in this, ‘I’m going to smile all the time, I’m going to be the nicest guy in the room even when I don’t feel like it, when I’m tired. He’s going to be this guy’ [mode]. I felt like I was in prison. And I just broke out.”

Styles would continue to talk about his character doing a 180. “… but the character? Oh man, the guy you see on Raw has done a 180,” he said. “The guy on Raw, the AJ Styles that’s now in The Club, I’m just letting you guys know I’m taking over. That’s what’s going to happen. That AJ Styles isn’t going to put up with any crap. He’s going to be the guy that drops dudes on their face with a Styles Clash or rocks with a Phenomenal Forearm or crushes their calf. That’s the kind of thing I do. I’m not going to change how I wrestle, I’ve always wrestled aggressive. So that will never change.”

It’s not in a far off country.
It’s not in the history books or old videos.

It’s here and now. #Raw @KarlAndersonWWE @LukeGallowsWWE

— AJStyles.Org (@AJStylesOrg) July 2, 2019