PDA

View Full Version : Booker T Discusses Paul Heyman And Eric Bischoff’s Executive Director Roles

Kemo
07-08-2019, 08:50 PM
With Paul Heyman and Eric Bischoff once again returning to notable creative positions within WWE, the pro wrestling landscape seems to be on a precipice of change as WWE continues to gear up against All Elite Wrestling (AEW).

WWE Hall Of Famer, Booker T, spoke about these changes on his podcast, The Hall Of Fame.

He claims that with Heyman and Bischoff respectively directing RAW and SmackDown, they will be going back to the “blueprint of what wrestling always was” which is “giving the fans some great wrestling, great entertainment.”

“[…] Paul Heyman and Eric Bischoff, they both have an agenda now, and that agenda is to do well,” he said. “I was reading today that Eric Bischoff is moving his family to Connecticut. To do that, that’s a huge, huge commitment. That means I want to get close to my work, and I really want to throw myself into it and try to create something.”

Booker believes that Bischoff is fully aware of the magnitude of this opportunity, claiming that he is “never going to get another chance like this ever.”

“One thing Eric Bischoff knows: time is running out. He’s never going to get another chance like this ever in a lifetime. I mean, he slipped on a banana peel and became the President of WCW, and then to get this dropped in his hand? […] Paul Heyman, he made ECW a legitimate company by doing the right things and then taking that company in the right direction. They gave the fans what they wanted to see, they had it all. The war could be over before it even starts.”

With WWE doing all it can to hold onto talent as it redefines itself in the face of new competition, it appears that having RAW and SmackDown become creatively different is the first step in their attempts—a decision that Vince McMahon is already reportedly very pleased with.

UZbBqQs56FY