PDA

View Full Version : WWE Had Plans For The Bella Twins To Feud With The IIconics

Kemo
07-08-2019, 08:52 PM
Sasha Banks hasn’t been seen in WWE since she and Bayley lost the WWE Women’s Tag Team Championships at WrestleMania 35. The women who would walk away victorious that night were Peyton Royce and Billie Kay, The IIconics.

This win surprised the WWE Universe, as many believed that Banks and Bayley were primed for a long run with the championships.

It appears the reason for the change was to set up a feud between The IIconics and The Bella Twins.

The news was revealed on a recent episode of The Bella Twins podcast.

During the show, Nikki divulged more information about her neck issues. She also spoke about the plans that had been put in place for a Bella return, post-WrestleMania.

“Brie and I, we were gonna come back and fight for the tag titles after WrestleMania and we were gonna go against The IIconics for a few months,” Nikki said.

She explained that “Deep down inside, I kept having this weird feeling that I needed to get an x-ray on my neck because, for a while, I wasn’t feeling okay. Brie knows that in December after Evolution, I just kept telling her that I feel off and my head doesn’t feel right…”

Brie added that they had gear ready, and the two of them were fully prepared for their return to in-ring action—despite only having retired weeks prior.

“We were ready,” Nikki said. “Bella Twins were coming back in a big way.”

They were meant to start the feud on the SmackDown Live after WrestleMania. Nikki Bella’s MRI results would scupper those plans after doctors informed her her neck was fully herniated. She was also told they had discovered a benign cyst on her brain. They warned her that one bad landing could lead to paralysis.

The IIconics haven’t had a notable feud since winning the championships. Though they have been competing against Asuka and Kairi Sane at Live Events, the duo have yet to defend them on a pay-per-view.