PDA

View Full Version : Dolph Ziggler Addresses Time Away From WWE, His Rekindled Love For Wrestling

Kemo
07-08-2019, 08:58 PM
Dolph Ziggler returned to in-ring action after taking three months away to reassess his options and career. People were surprised when he returned, as rumors were rife that Ziggler would not return at all, especially given his vested interest in his budding stand-up career.

Speaking with Jason Agnew on the Sunday Night’s Main Event podcast, Ziggler spoke about why he took time away from WWE, as well as his comeback and his rekindled love for wrestling.

Ziggler asked for a specific time away to be away from television, believing his character had “done the same thing over and over, and maybe lost eight or nine and a half times out of 10.”

He knew that he needed to do something original and different, so he asked for 90 days away from the ring to formulate a plan.

During this time away, he would embrace his interest in comedy, performing at many comedy and improv clubs.

“I also got to do some stand-up sets and do some other different things, and work with my brother on writing some other stuff, sketches, and improv stuff. I just needed to be away from television, character wise. I’ve been very lucky for 14 and a half years only missing a month, a month and a half off. The cool part was I have this other job where I can get better at that, while I’m refreshing my character.”

Since returning, Ziggler claims to be reinvigorated with his work. Once again a full-time pro wrestler, Ziggler exclaims that “[…] on the weekends, live events, TV, pay-per-views, everything they ask me to do, I am there for it.”

“You know what I really love doing?” he asked. “Is those weeks where I don’t go home. It’s a Saturday live event for WWE. Sunday live event for WWE. Monday live event for WWE. Tuesday SmackDown TV, and Wednesday when everyone goes home, and I know everyone is going home, I love catching that early flight out, hitting a workout, and like what I’ll be doing in Appleton, Wisconsin on July 10 and 11th Wednesday and Thursday two stand-up comedy shows. Friday I go home for half a day to go pack and wash my clothes and go right back out to a WWE live event."

Ziggler states that as long as WWE wants him to be apart of their roster, especially if it’s in the main event against calibre talent like Kofi Kingston, that’s his idea of the “perfect life” for the next 20 years.