PDA

View Full Version : Vince McMahon Rejected Idea For R-Truth To Wear Wedding Dress During 24/7 Championship Segment

Kemo
07-09-2019, 10:11 PM
R-Truth has been entertaining the WWE Universe with his relentless attempts to win (and retain) the 24/7 Championship. One of his most notable victories saw him defeat Drake Maverick for the title at Maverick’s wedding ceremony.

Many correctly guessed that Truth would crash Maverick’s special day. Knowing the Superstar’s penchant for comedy, however, the question became: if he did crash the wedding, would it be out of the realms of possibility for him appear in a wedding dress to get the surprise drop on Drake?

Turns out the idea was pitched to Vince McMahon, but was shot down.

R-Truth recalls being told about it when he appeared recently on the E&C Pod Of Awesomeness.

“Let me tell you about that day: That was Sarah’s idea. Oh my God, that was so funny. Sarah Stock, she was there, and she was like, ‘Well…’ because at first, I was gonna do a wedding dress and Vince said, ‘No. No wedding dress. That sounds like he’s trying to be funny and tell Truth just be funny, be himself’ and when he said that, I said, ‘Oh okay, cool. I see the point. No wedding dress,’ and, Sarah was like, ‘So what do you have on?'”

He continued, “I got on some black jeans.’ She said, ‘Well I have a suit coat. We ordered a suit coat for you’, and she [asked] what if I go with no shirt on, and I laughed, and I said, ‘You know what? I didn’t think about that because I laughed and you said that…’ I said it’s kinda crazy because everybody else is dressed at the wedding, right? And she said, ‘Yeah, but R-Truth would probably do it with no shirt on’. She said, ‘I have a purple tie’. I said, ‘Just because you said that, I’m gonna wear it’ and she picked all that out. That was all her.”

The end result created a popular segment in the on-going feud between R-Truth and Drake Maverick for the 24/7 Championship.