PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Owens Admits He Didn’t Enjoy His Universal Championship Reign

Kemo
07-09-2019, 10:12 PM
Kevin Owens was the second ever WWE Universal Champion. He would win the title after Finn Balor was forced to relinquish it due to injury. Unfortunately, despite being at the top of the RAW roster, Owens revealed he doesn’t have fond memories of his reign.

Speaking with Lilian Garcia on her podcast, Chasing Glory, Kevin Owens opened up and shared his frustrations on his time as champion.

“My wife would tell me, ‘You are the Universal Champion, and I’ve never seen you more stressed.’ I look back and think, ‘I would have done things different as Universal Champion if it were up to me.’ But ultimately, I was still the Universal Champion. But I honestly don’t remember enjoying it, which sucks.”

His title reign would be relatively short-lived. After a feud with Chris Jericho, Owens would drop the Universal Championship to a returning Goldberg at Fastlane.

Despite his current frustrations, Owens shares that he is still determined to climb back up the ranks into the main event:

“I’m still featured on every show and in main events more often than not, but right now, I’m not where I want to be. I want to be doing more and contributing more. I just think I could be…I don’t want to say a bigger part of the show because I’m already a big part of the show. I just want more.”

Kevin Owens will supposedly begin a feud with “The Showoff” Dolph Ziggler. He is not currently scheduled to compete on this Sunday’s Extreme Rules pay-per-view, but tonight’s SmackDown Live could change that.