PDA

View Full Version : Booker T Explains Starcast III Booking Situation

Kemo
07-10-2019, 06:14 PM
Booker T has set the record straight over the confusion concerning his former Starcast III appearance.

Speaking on a recent episode of his podcast, The Hall of Fame with Booker T & Brad Gilmore, the Hall Of Famer broke down that the issues arose from a miscommunication between himself and Conrad Thompson. He stressed WWE were not behind the decision.

“Conrad [Thompson], he texts me a date that he wants me to do an autograph signing on. That autograph signing was August 31st, that day was in Chicago—he told me all of that. What he didn’t tell me is that it was Starrcast, I didn’t know it was Starrcast. I didn’t find out it was Starrcast until you, Brad, texted me and said, ‘Are you doing Starrcast? And I was like, ‘No, I’m not doing Starrcast.’ [You replied], ‘Well, they’re advertising you.’ I immediately tweet out and say that I wasn’t going to be doing Starrcast because I did not know that the Conrad booking was Starrcast, because he did not say that it was Starrcast.”

He added, “[…] it was never mentioned one time in text or verbally that it was Starrcast, and if he said, ‘Hey Book, would you like to do Starrcast III?’ I would have said, ‘Hey man, I appreciate it but no.’ But it wasn’t framed that way, so I just want the people to know that I did not pull out of Starrcast… I was never in Starrcast; I was booked for a date, for an autograph signing, not knowing that it was Starrcast.”

Booker explained that “WWE had zero to do with me not doing that booking, they did not pull me from it. […] WWE is not scrambling to find somebody else because it was never a WWE booking. I was never supposed to be at Starrcast from the beginning.”

Starrcast III takes place between August 29-September 1st 2019 from the Hyatt Regency Chicago in Schaumburg, Illinois.

nsERu-XHzJ8