PDA

View Full Version : Mickie James Recovering From Successful Knee Surgery

Kemo
07-17-2019, 12:58 AM
Mickie James underwent successful knee surgery on Tuesday.

The 5-time WWE Women’s Champion thanked everyone for their support during this career setback. She wrote on Twitter, “Thank you all for your love, prayers, and well wishes. I am grateful! I’ll be just fine… if I come back… I’m coming back bionic!”

Several of her past and present co-workers wished her well ahead of the procedure, including Sasha Banks, Dixie Carter and Jeremy Borash.

James’ husband, NWA World Heavyweight Champion Nick Aldis, let everyone know the surgery was a “complete success.” We should get a further update from Mickie James herself later this week. No word yet on how long she’ll be out of action.

UPDATE: Surgery was a complete success. I'm sure when she's feeling up to it she'll share more. Thank you all!

— Nick Aldis (@RealNickAldis) July 16, 2019

It is believed Mickie James’ injury took place in a match against Carmela at a WWE live event from Waco, TX at the Extraco Events Center. Fans in attendance noted on social media that it appeared her knee was bothering her.

A later report by F4WOnline confirmed that James was listed on WWE’s internal ‘injury report’ after the Waco, TX show. She has not wrestled since and later told fans she would be out of action for a while.

During her time away from the ring, Mickie James has been active with her country music career. Last week, she performed at the All-Star Country Music Jam in Richmond, Virginia.