PDA

View Full Version : Eric Bischoff Reflects On His Time Running Creative In TNA

Kemo
07-22-2019, 03:15 PM
:tna:

WWE’s new Executive Director of SmackDown, Eric Bischoff, recently reminisced on his time working for Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA).

He spoke about his role there, where he was in charge of TNA’s creative team, on an episode of After 83 Weeks.

“It morphed,” acknowledged Bischoff. “When I was first hired by TNA, the Carters, in particular, didn’t want me. They didn’t want Eric Bischoff on the payroll, they didn’t want anything to do with me.”

“They wanted Hulk Hogan,” he said. “The challenge they had is Hulk Hogan knew there was nobody in TNA to find their ass with both hands and a compass when it came to creative. So he wasn’t willing to join TNA unless he had someone there that was watching over, at least, his creative.”

Bischoff explained that, once Hogan was hired by TNA, he had a lot of added responsibility to his role.

“All of a sudden, I went from, ‘Okay, I will oversee Hulk Hogan’s creative,’ to holy s**t, everything that is going on [in TNA] is Hulk Hogan related, and I became more involved in creative than I thought I would. Then I started liking it and throwing myself more into it.”

Despite the problems TNA experienced during his tenure there, Bischoff confessed that he still enjoyed his time there—particularly around 2013 when he was running creative with Bruce Prichard.

SmackDown is expected to experience numerous creative changes soon, insofar as the overall product and character development. These changes will be helmed by Eric Bischoff, with Paul Heyman doing the same on RAW. Both will still need Vince McMahon’s approval for any creative choices.

CTQYl8TIAvo