PDA

View Full Version : Seth Rollins Says WWE Will Knock AEW Dead, Surprised By Jon Moxley Jumping Ship

Kemo
07-23-2019, 12:16 AM
Seth Rollins continues to make interesting comments while doing interviews that includes him talking about the launch of All Elite Wrestling and the competition that the promotion brings to WWE.

WWE’s former Universal Champion took part in a media conference call Monday to promote SummerSlam. Rollins had some strong words for WWE’s upstart rivals and admits he was caught off guard by Jon Moxley’s surprise appearance at AEW Double or Nothing.

Here are some excerpts from that call, courtesy of John Pollock:

Seth Rollins on Jon Moxley joining AEW:

“I was surprised by it. I knew Ambrose needed time away from WWE. Now he’s competition and trying to take dinner off my table & good on him.”

AEW as competition for WWE:

“We are going to knock them dead, just like we do everyone else.”

Moxley departed from WWE at the end of April as he had decided to not sign a new contract with the company. WWE officials offered him a five-year contract that was more than seven figures per year, but Moxley reportedly turned it down. He would later sign with AEW.

While Rollins and Moxley were good friends in WWE, it appears that Moxley going to AEW and the comments he made about WWE during his time with the company has rubbed Rollins the wrong way as this is not the first time that Rollins has been critical of Moxley.

The SummerSlam pay-per-view event takes place on Sunday, August 11, 2019 in Toronto, Ontario at the Scotiabank Arena and will air on the WWE Network. At this show, Rollins will challenge Brock Lesnar for the Universal Title in what could be the main event of this special.