PDA

View Full Version : AJ Styles Admits He Considered His Options Before Re-Signing With WWE

Kemo
07-24-2019, 12:55 AM
AJ Styles has opened up on his decision to re-sign with the WWE while doing a recent interview with Brian Fritz of Sporting News.

In this interview, Styles did note that he did consider his options before signing with WWE for what could be his last contract.

“Sure there was,” Style said. “This is my job. This is what I do for a living. I knew that the next contract that I will sign will be my last. I’m getting older and I don’t want to embarrass myself if I don’t have to. That’s why it was important that I made the right decision and I did. I definitely, 100 percent made the right decision in staying with WWE. They’ve taken care of me since I’ve been here. They’ve shown me nothing but respect, so it worked out.”

Styles’ WWE contract was set to expire this year which at the time sparked speculation about his future in the pro wrestling business As one of the top wrestlers in the world, it was no secret that WWE wanted to keep him around.

Especially with new competition from All Elite Wrestling, WWE has gone to great lengths to keep talent under contract including the former world champion on their roster with big-money offers.

If he did want to test out the free-agent market then he would get offers from different companies like New Japan Pro Wrestling and All Elite Wrestling. It was reported a few months ago that Styles signed a new 3-year deal with the company.