PDA

View Full Version : Fyter Fest Does Big Numbers On B/R Live, Update On AEW Touring Schedule

Kemo
07-26-2019, 04:56 AM
Fyter Fest is said to have been the second most viewed event of all-time on the B/R Live streaming service. The event fell short to only the Tiger Woods vs Phil Mickelson head-to-head golf PPV from November. The success of the event on B/R Live was addressed recently in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

“Fyter Fest ended up being the second biggest event ever on B/R Live,” wrote Dave Meltzer. “The only event the service has ever had that added more subscribers was the day they did the Tiger Woods vs. Phil Mickelson golf head-to-head match this past November.”

AEW is looking to run up to 120 live events per year. This was also addressed recently by the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

“The goal right now is to run 100 to 120 live events per year, probably four PPVs, 51 television shows and many Saturday night house shows and on occasion more than one house show a week,” Meltzer continued.

The idea of running AEW house shows was also addressed recently by company President, Tony Khan.

“(House shows are) not my core business focus and I’ve kind of made it part of the business plan is that I don’t want to put too much mileage on the top performers by having them perform on shows where it’s not going to generate as much revenue where it doesn’t make as much business sense to put the mileage on your guys and I also don’t want to put out an inferior house show product that isn’t the top people,” Khan said last month on the Steve Austin’s podcast.

During the interview with Austin, Khan also noted the company is looking at running 100-120 shows per year.

“When we get into weekly TV I’d like to get in a good rhythm of where we’re doing let’s say 100-120 shows a year,” Khan continued.